Tuesday 10 August 2010

Turnstone, Blackwit and Ferret

A cold front and rain moving on south west winds produced some interesting vis mig today. The gents at the hide had up to 12 Turnstone and after Roger called me I managed to connect with one from the obs window. Also while I was scanning for the Turnstones, 3 Black-tailed Godwit dropped onto the lake and soon after I look down into the obs garden and saw this creature (pic 1) walking across the lawn. I guess it is someones escaped pet ferret but I've been birding on this farm for 24 years and I aint never seen one of them before.

Also here is a link to a great post showing the remains of the Sutton Peregrine meals- many of these birds were probably caught over Beddington: http://regentsparkbirds.blogspot.com/2010/08/10th-august.html

No comments: